FC PACKET GENERATOR
Fibre Channel (FC) Packet Generator is a software tool that will be running on a Host computer and generate traffic patterns. FC packet generator is a product that generates series of FC packets which can be used by emulator platform to generate traffic on DUTs interfaces. It can also be used on Simulation platform to generate traffic on simulation environment on DUTs interface. Fibre Channel, or FC, is a high-speed network technology (commonly running at 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64 and 128 gigabit per second rates) providing in-order, lossless delivery of raw block data, primarily used to connect computer data storage to servers.
FC Layered Architecture Diagram
- These methods can be used for verification of most complex hardware design to simple hardware design
- Easy to use solution, plug and play type solutions
- Software packet generators are very cost-effective solutions, they are cheaper compared to high license costing software products available in the market
- Creates beautiful Emulation environment, which can mimic many simulation verification scenarios
- Detect bug in Pre-silicon phase, which can save millions of dollars of re-spinning silicon cost
- Post-silicon also software portion can be used for validation
- Help to build a parallel structure to simulation to find more design bugs quickly
- The overall runtime can be reduced to as much as 10 times than long SOC simulations. This can speed up TAPE OUT of the chip
- Scoreboarding and traffic analysis can be done very well in the Software solution.